AUGUST - Maintenance Tips
As we welcome the sunny month of August, the time comes again to strike out some tasks out of the monthly maintenance lists.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning: Hire the services of a licensed contractor that can thoroughly clean the dryer vents in your home and ensure that everything is in working. This task should be considered twice a year, given that with a great accumulation of debris, the vents could become a fire hazard.
- Carpet Professional Cleaning: Being the hottest month of the year, August is the best time to professionally clean your carpet and ensure it dries quicker.
- Clean and maintain bathroom exhaust fans: these fans need to be cleaned regularly, at least once every three months, and to always run it continuously whenever you shower or bathe and for 15-20 minutes afterward to remove excess moisture that can cause mold and mildew to form.
- Clean/Power Wash Outdoor Stone Surfaces: in order to maintain the great look of your outdoor stone features, ensure to clean regularly. This can be done easily with the use of a clean rag mop on floors and a soft cloth for other surfaces for best results. If the dirt has stuck to the surface, consider hiring a power washing professional.
- Inspect Basement and Crawl Spaces for Moisture. Even though august can be a very hot month, it also tends to rain continuously; therefore, ensure to regularly check the walls in your basement for signs of moisture. Water is the worst enemy to your home, be sure to remain one step ahead of it to cath issues before they become emergencies.
- Remove Water Heater Residue. If you notice sediment buildup, you can drain the tank and flush it per the instructions in this video tutorial. This is a fairly easy task that can be done twice a year to extend the life expectancy of your water heater.
- Remove and clean all shower heads. Shower heads and faucets tend to retain a lot of residue and mycobacteria that can sometimes affect by the continuous.
- Clean and Seal your deck